Friday, April 30, 2010

Italian Casserole

Here is the recipe for Italian Casserole. This is a Connie Aclin original. It is YUM-tastic!


1 lb. ground chuck
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 pkge. vermicelli noodles
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cottage cheese

Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion (I buy the pre-chopped frozen onions b/c I don't like to chop onions!) After it is cooked, add spaghetti sauce.



I would have the noodles boiling while I am browning the meat b/c they take a while. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.

After everything is mixed and cooked....Pour the noodles in a 9x13 pan

Next layer is the "white mixture." Top it off with the spaghetti sauce. Bake in a 350 degree oven until hot.


Look at those layers of deliciousness!
It is a winner every time! I love it...it was a college favorite (and still is)!

No comments: