Monday, May 17, 2010

Best Salsa Ever!


My Mom (Carol) has been making this salsa my whole life. We never ate Pace or store-bought salsa growing up.....and we still never do! I think my mom's salsa is the best ever and it is so simple to make. She has passed the torch to me and I make this for pretty much any occasion. It is a must at our family reunion! People continually ask us for the family recipe.....so here it is! I never measure anything....so these are just suggested amounts. You can adjust it to your liking!


Carol's Homemade Salsa


1 - 28 oz. can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes

Juice of one lime

Trappey's sliced jalapenos - I put a few forkfuls in....just depends how spicy you want it!

handful of fresh cilantro
2-3 green onions roughly chopped

dash of cumin


Put all your "green" ingredients in the food processor or blender, and pulse a few times until your desired consistency. Add tomates and pulse a few more times until well blended. Pour into a dish and serve!


You will never by salsa again! Just remember....the longer it sits....the hotter it gets!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the best salsa ever!!! Great picture too!

Grumpy Pants said...

We love this salsa. I was introduced to it when I joined the fam (marrying Les's bro). In fact, we live in Houston now, and everyone goes crazy over it. It is a far reaching legacy.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

And great salsa! I love what the lime juice adds. Left out a little of the cilantro (not crazy about it.) I'm crazy for tangy, so we ate it with lime flavored tortilla chips and margaritas YUM! I have a great black bean salsa recipe that's always a hit. I think you'd love it.

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Leslie - this blog is so cute. Just found it from Kelly's blog. We will have to try this out. Rusty loves him some salsa. xo, Meryl