Friday, April 30, 2010

A Beachy Dessert

This dessert was so much fun to make. I found the recipe in People (Country Music Edition).

Ingredients:
1 (5.25 pkg.) sugar cookies finely crushed
1 (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake (I use Sara Lee)
2 (3.9 oz. pkgs.) chocolate instant pudding
3 cups milk
1 (16 oz.) container cool chip
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 (1.4 oz.) Heath Bars crushed (I used the crushed Heath Bar in a package)
Chocolate Candy Shells to garnish

1. Crumble the cookies and cut the pound cake into 1 inch cubes
2. Whisk together pudding mix and milk, add cool whip and vanilla
3. Place 1/2 of cookie crumbs into 3 qt. sand pail, top with 1/3 pudding mixture, 1/2 of cake, half of Heath bars, continue layering pudding, cake, and Heath, ending with a layer of pudding. Top with remaining cookie crumbs.

Cover and Chill for 30 minutes. Garnish with Candy Shells. (I couldn't find any candy shells so I bought a candy mold from Michaels and made them!





No comments: