Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake





I got this recipe out of the JLSB's Mardi Gras to Mistletoe cookbook. I have seen many variations to it, but this is a good one. I made this for Leslie's birthday.

1 (2-layer) package yellow butter cake mix
1 (6 oz) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
confectioners' sugar

Directions:

Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream in a mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That was so fabulous!!!! You gotta watch out for those trick candles!

Anonymous said...

Trick candles:). I hope you had a great birthday and the cake looks delish.

Yitin said...

This looks so yummy! Greg's birthday is coming up next week. Think I'll try this recipie!!!

Kelly said...

Oh, my gosh! My mom and I just pulled this up, and don't think we can get to the store fast enough!!! We are basically salivating all over ourselves just thinking about it! Thanks!