Friday, April 30, 2010

Cucumber Sandwiches


1 large or 2 medium unpeeled cucumbers
1 8-ounce & one 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2-3 green onions, finely chopped, tops and all
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 dashes Tabasco
1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped chives

Grate cucumber and carefully press out moisture with paper towels. (I used a small strainer because I find that the paper towels just don't cut it!) Mix all ingredients well, using enough mayonnaise to moisten so filling will spread easily. Spread on very thin bread, crusts removed. Refrigerate or freeze.

I used Pepperidge Farm Ultra Thin bread. I also use an electric knife for clean cut edges! Also, I forgot the chives and they turned out great!

No comments: