Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chicken Cake Salad


I somewhat threw together this meal & it's name, but I promise it was delicious and totally doable with your leftover chicken. I often cook chicken breasts in the crock pot and we'll have BBQ chicken and chicken quesadillas for the week. I was sick of the two and needed a different meal with chicken. I've always been a fan of crab cakes, so I used that premise to create the chicken cake.

Ingredients
-Shredded chicken (whatever you have leftover)
-1 egg
-1 cup Italian bread crumbs
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions
1. Beat egg and mix in Parmesan cheese.
2. Place Italian bread crumbs in a shallow pan.
3. Combine shredded chicken in the egg/Parmesan mix.
4. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, form chicken mixture into small balls and coat with Italian bread crumbs. Repeat.
5. Over medium to high heat, lightly fry chicken cakes on each side for 1-2 minutes or when they are lightly browned.
6. Then serve however you wish.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

yum! When I saw "cake" I knew I had to read it! sounds tasty!

Shana said...

I just made these for dinner.... I left them in "cakes" and I actually had to substitute the parmesan cheese for some shredded mozarella (only thing I had) and they are AWESOME! Thank you for sharing!!!