Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fruit Pizza

this recipe is coming to you straight our of Ruston, LA!  Molly brought this to a little Sunday School party a few weeks ago and I have been craving it ever since.  She said that her mom makes it all the time...I can see why!

I took this picture of Molly's pizza after it had been eaten, but I couldn' t resist posting!

I made this patriotic fruit pizza for the 4th.  I hope it's as good as Molly's!
Fruit Pizza
1 roll sugar cookie dough
1 8-oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
assorted fruit

glaze:
1 cup orange juice
2/3 cup sugar
2 T cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pat sugar cookie dough on pan.  Bake at 350 for about 12 min or until done but not crisp.  Combine softened cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar.  Spread over cooled dough.  Arrange fruit on top.  Combine starch, sugar, salt, and orange juice.  Mix and boil 1 minute, stirring occasionally until thick.  Cool 5 minutes.  Pour over fruit.  Refrigerate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummo! I've never had fruit pizza like that before. I bet the orange juice gives it a nice touch. Happy 4th!