Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Apple Nut Breakfast Crumble
This was thrown together in a matter of minutes and it turned out great. I made this for Sunday School, but quickly realized it wasn’t my day to bring breakfast…oops! Ben and I were forced to eat this all by our lonesome’s despite Ben’s healthier eating habits. The apple part is healthy.
It’s also VERY crumbly, so eating it with a spoon straight from the baking dish is highly recommended.
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Bisquick
1/3 plus 1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 medium apples pared and chopped
1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup chopped nuts (any will do)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease 9x12x2 baking pan.
3. Beat egg; stir in milk; apples and oil. Stir in Bisquick, 1/3 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
4. Stir just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
5. Pour into pan.
6. Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, pecans, and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
7. Sprinkle mixture over cake batter and bake until golden brown about 20 min.
Printer Friendly Version