Thursday, March 3, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Cornbread


This was one of my favorites dishes in college. Take this to your next party and it will surely be a hit.

*****
* 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix, or similar
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 stick melted butter or margarine
* 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
* 1 pkg. (10 oz) chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
* 1 medium onion, chopped

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients and pour into greased baking dish. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Misty said...

I may be not seeing it, but how much cheese do you use? Whatever is to your liking? These look really yummy, and I've never had anything like this before!

zevandfi said...

I love your recipes! I am making this for my husband tonight. BTW- How much cheese do you add?

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot to add the cheese amount!! I used half a cup but I think a whole cup would do just fine.