Monday, October 17, 2011

Creamy Shrimp Pasta



I had some leftover shrimp and wanted to make something delish for my family tonight.  I think it would have been tastier if I would have actually followed the recipe and added the Old Bay.  I didn't have any so I left it out.  It was OK.  It is a perfect dish for my dad because it was very bland and will probably not hurt his post-cancer mouth.  I found this recipe on Pinterest via here.


Creamy Shrimp Pasta

Ingredients
1 16 oz box of pasta (I used bow ties)
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 Tbsp butter
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 Tbsp Old Bay, divided (low sodium kind if you can find it)
2 cups half-and-half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 green onions, sliced thinly

Directions Cook pasta according to directions on package. During the last minute of cooking add the peas. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of Old Bay. Cook for 3 minutes or until they start to turn pink. Reduce heat to medium-low.

Stir in the half-and-half, reserved cooking liquid, Parmesan cheese and the rest of the Old Bay. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add the pasta, peas and green onion. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving (this gives the sauce a few more minutes to thicken)

Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy and the picture is AWESOME!