Messy Aprons thought it would be fun to feature some of our friends as Guest Bloggers! We have some fabulous recipes to share with you over the next few weeks! If you are interested in posting a recipe, just leave a comment and we’ll be in touch.
Welcome Elizabeth from the Jolliff Family Blog! She's sharing a recipe for Spicy Dr. Pepper Pork!
From Elizabeth, "It isn't that spicy, my 3 year old Sam even liked it:)"
Spicy Dr. Pepper Pork:
1 large onion, 1 whole Pork Shoulder (Butt)- 5-7pounds
salt and pepper
1 can (11oz) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cans Dr. Pepper
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1. Peel the onion and cut it into wedges. Place them in the bottom of a large crock pot.
2. Generously salt and pepper the pork roast, then set it on top of the onions.
3. Pour the can of chipotle peppers (including sauce) over the pork.
4. Pour both cans of Dr. Pepper over the pork.
5. Add brown sugar to the juice and stir in.
6. Set on low and cook for approximately 7-8 hours. Meat will be done when it easily shreds.
7. After cooking is complete, shred and place back in juice to keep warm until ready to serve. Serve on warm tortillas topped with your favorite toppings
Elizabeth is the wife of a children's pastor (Hap) & mommy to Sam, Andrew, and baby #3 due in August. When she's not blogging over at the Jolliff Family blog, she's taking care of patients at the hospital, volunteering at church, or doing something crafty like sewing. The Jolliff's are currently preparing to move overseas and fulfill their calling as missionaries!