Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Coffee Crusted Steak Bites

I saw this recipe on Kevin & Amanda's blog and I was somewhat intrigued. I don't like coffee, but she stated even a coffee lover would like this steak.  Her exact recipe is below.  I actually used little steak bites because I was too nervous to spend money on the ribeye steaks and not like it. The recipe had a very interesting taste. One that my unsophisticated palette can even describe. Perhaps robust, but in a good way...



2 (8 oz) ribeye steaks
kosher salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
ground coffee (hazelnut)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter

Season steaks with salt & pepper, then cover with ground coffee. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and add the butter and olive oil, and heat until the butter is just browned. Cook steaks for 3 mins on each side. Let rest on a plate covered with foil for 5-10 mins before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I saw this recipe on that blog and was too scared to try it! I am so glad that you did. I really want to make her chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes!