Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Bread


The best way to go into a sugar coma (other than downing pure sugar) is eating a slice of pumpkin bread at Starbucks. I love it. I hate it. It’s so good. It’s so bad.

Bottom line. It tastes like a little piece of goodness on my tongue, but it has a whole lotta sugar.

Naturally I wanted to recreate the recipe to punish myself or rather my hips. The Starbucks Pumpkin bread recipe has a whole slew of other spices/ingredients none of which I had in my cabinet so I turned my focus to this recipe which turned out just as well with minimal ingredients.

Happy Thanksgiving! I’ll be posting one of my favorite dressing recipes some time later this week!

PS – I still don’t know what my main dish will be tomorrow. Turkey or Ham? What does your family do?



Ingredients

1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 can of solid pack pumpkin (approx. 15 oz.)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Heat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Mix egg, pumpkin, butter, sugar. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until well corporated. Cook 35-50 minutes or bread is set in the middle.

1 comment: