Monday, August 8, 2011

Greek Salad





My mom and I created this salad years ago (we were trying to remember how we came up with the idea the other day!) and we still make it ALL the time! It is a go to salad that we never get tired of and everyone loves! It is great as an entree or to accompany pasta or grilled meat or fish. I promise you, that if you make it once, you will never buy salad dressing again!!!!



Salad:

1 head Romaine Lettuce, chopped

2-3 Plum tomotoes, diced (or a bunch of cherry tomatoes, quartered)

1 cucumber, peeled and diced

1/2 green bell pepper, diced

1/4 c. pitted kalamata olives, quartered

1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese


Dressing:

the juice of one lemon

1/4 c. olive oil

1 tsp. kosher salt

1 tsp. Cavender's Greek seasoning


Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl.

Toss and serve!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang...I just ran out of cavender's!! I'll get some more this weekend. I KNOW this will be great.

zevandfi said...

Leslie, you DO love your Cavendars, don't you!? I will be able to buy some, now that we are back in the States! Fi

WHITNEY said...

I made this and it was wonderful! The dressing would be good on any salad! YUM-O!

Jazzanooga said...

Wow! I've gone through countless Greek salad/Greek dressing recipes, and this is THE ONE. I love all the ingredients, including the Cavender's seasoning. Thank you very much for the recipe, I believe this is going to be a family favorite.