Friday, May 14, 2010

Frozen Fruit Salad

This month we decided to do breakfast & dessert. I don't really eat dessert, but every now and then I'll need a sugar fix.

I didn't actually make the frozen fruit salad, but Elizabeth gave me a whole bag of leftovers to satisfy my sugar fix for the next few months.

Introducing the frozen fruit salad...

Ingredients
2 c. water
1 c. sugar
1 large apricot nectar
1 large crushed pineapple
16 oz sliced frozen strawberries (thawed)
bananas

Bring water and sugar to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes and cool. Add apricot nectar, crushed pineapple and strawberries; mix well. Fill muffin tins with paper. Place 1 banana slice on bottom of muffin cup. Spoon fruit mixture to fill cup 3/4 full. Place another banana slice on top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. When solid, pop out and freeze in zip-loc bag.

I've basically been eating two a day for the past month.  As soon as I run out, I'll be able to make my own.  Very tasty!

Amanda

No comments: