Sunday, September 16, 2012
I had no idea that squash spaghetti tasted like noodles! This is the coolest vegetable. You can find a baked version here, but I cooked this squash the slacker way and used the microwave.
One Spaghetti Squash
1. Poke 3-4 holes in your squash.
2. Microwave for 4-5 minutes (7-8 minutes for large squash).
3. Feel the outside of the squash.
4. Microwave in one minute intervals until the outside of the squash feels just a little bit squishy.
5. Remove from microwave & slice the squash.
6. Remove the seeds.
7. Take a fork and spindle the squash. It will start to look like noodles.
8. Use them with any recipe just like any other noodle.
I added spaghetti sauce and called it a day. The taste difference between spaghetti squash & noodles are not that distinct.