Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spaghetti Squash


I had no idea that squash spaghetti tasted like noodles! This is the coolest vegetable. You can find a baked version here, but I cooked this squash the slacker way and used the microwave.

Ingredients
One Spaghetti Squash

Directions
1. Poke 3-4 holes in your squash.
2. Microwave for 4-5 minutes (7-8 minutes for large squash).
3. Feel the outside of the squash.
4. Microwave in one minute intervals until the outside of the squash feels just a little bit squishy.
5. Remove from microwave & slice the squash.
6. Remove the seeds.
7. Take a fork and spindle the squash. It will start to look like noodles.
8. Use them with any recipe just like any other noodle.

I added spaghetti sauce and called it a day. The taste difference between spaghetti squash & noodles are not that distinct.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love spaghetti squash, but I had never tried to make it in the microwave. Wow! So much better. It took me way too long to do it in the oven, and it didn't come out right. Quick and super healthy, I love it! I even got some organic squash delivered right to my door lol