Messy Aprons thought it would be fun to feature some of our friends as Guest Bloggers! We have some fabulous recipes to share with you over the next few weeks! If you are interested in posting a recipe, just leave a comment and we’ll be in touch.
Welcome Angie from Entertaining Life Daily and City Nom Noms! She's sharing a recipe for Scallop & Bok Choy Stir Fry!
6 oz. linguine, cooked al dente with liquid reserved
a few pan swirls of vegetable oil, about 2 tbls.
large white onion, roughly chopped
6 oz. mushrooms (any variety, we used shitake from our CSA)
3 oz. bok choy, stems removed and cleaned
1/2 lb scallops, cleaned and dried
2-3 tbls. red curry paste
1/4 c. peanut butter (chunky or regular)
2-3 tbls. soy sauce
1-2 tbl srirachi (depends on your spice level)
lime as garnish (optional)
1. While the pasta cooks in salted water, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or wok. Saute the onion (garlic would work great here too, but I didn't have any on hand) for 3 minutes or until softened.
2. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and add to the wok, tossing to cook with the onions for approximately 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute for another minute.
3. Add the curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce and srirachi, stirring to combine into a sauce for the scallop and vegetable mixture.
4. Drain the pasta, adding some of the reserved liquid to the wok as needed to create a consistency that you are looking for with your sauce.
5. Add the bok choy - saute until wilted, a minute or two. Add the pasta and mix well.
6. Serve with a lime garnish!
_______________________________________________________I am a Wisconsin girl who returned to the Midwest after attending college in the Northeast, hungry for life and adventure. With my hubs by my side, we are self-proclaimed foodies who have found a passion for cooking, entertaining and eating our way through the city we live in (Indianapolis) and the cities we visit. An event and meeting planner by day, I scour the city and my pantry at night wondering what my taste buds will want next. My favorite hobby is cooking with hubs or eating at a new restaurant with friends and family. Cooking is an adventure, entertainment and my creative outlet - thank you to Messy Aprons for thinking of me as a guest blogger!