Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taco Salad

Photo Courtesy Food Network

This recipe comes from Paula Dean and it was delish! I made this two different ways. (1) exactly as proposed below. (2) I mixed the catalina dressing with the ground beef only, then added the other ingredients. I prefer the 2nd way only because I am not really big on a lot of salad dressing on my salads, but apparently it was liked both ways unless people just lied to me:)!

Ingredients

  • 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar, diced
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, drained and shredded
  • 1 pound lean ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained
  • 1 cup salad dressing (recommended: Catalina)
  • 1 (7-ounce) bag taco flavored chips, crushed
  • 1 cup salsa
  • Tortilla chips, to serve

Directions

Combine the tomatoes, cheese, onion, lettuce, and ground beef in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and mix well. Just before serving, add the taco chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients. Top each serving with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: